Monday, December 10, 2012

Festival Makeup: Winged Eyes & Bold Lips

I had no idea how I wanted to do my makeup for Stereosonic this year a couple of weeks ago, but since I had recently bought Morange I thought I would use that... if you want my advice I wouldn't go for bold lips, especially if you can't be bothered to re-apply after each drink or every time you eat like me. It looks great in theory, but the maintenance is a pain! Luckily I still went for somewhat dramatic eyes with my liner.
This is what I wore last year so it is alike in some ways.



 ~Products~
Face: Rimmel Wake Me Up in Soft Beige
Australis Fresh & Flawless powder
Nude by Nature Eye Definer
Blush may be MAC Dollymix

Eyes: UD Naked 1: Sin, Naked, Buck, Virgin
Maybelline Master Precise Eyeliner
Essence I <3 Extreme mascara

Lips: MAC Morange
You can see I had a bit of glitter transfer but I wasn't fussed
 OOTD:
Corset top from Ally, Shorts from Cotton on, I also wore some black enclosed sneaker-type shoes that were $8 from Target (so glad I wasn't wearing sandals, my feet got stepped on so many times!)

SO that's pretty it, almost kind of a basic everyday look but it can work with many different outfits if you change the lipstick colour.... we had an awesome day (apart from the transport....) but separated from our group a few times as you do, and bumped into a few people we knew as well! (out of the 30,000 there you don't really think it'd happen lol)

Actually I want to tell you about our ride home..... almost every festival in Perth has free public transport. As we were taking the train on the way home there was a backlog of trains on the track so we were waiting pretty much for an hour and they wouldn't let us off either because if we pressed the emergency door button we would have to wait an extra 20 minutes to fix it!! We ended up getting home at 1 in the morning and had to do a loong drive the next day =/ Not to mention that earlier in the morning our taxi *never* showed up but we made it to our pre party 10 minutes before our bus had to leave.
/end rant

Thanks for reading! Do you plan to go to any festivals this summer or what is the best one you've been to? xx

24 comments:

  1. I absolutely HATE the getting home trip from festivals! The trains are packed and you always end up having to wait an extremely long time! Other than that they are one of my favourite things to attend! You look gorgeous as well! Love that lipstick on you :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yep it is the worst!! And when everyone has had a bit to drink it doesn't help lol. But it's only a small dent in the day! Thanks chick xx

      Delete
  2. i loooooove it!!!!!

    -liv
    http://chocolivlovelaugh.blogspot.kr

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love this lip colour on you ashii! very pretty :)
    http://allthingsbeautybytiarni.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the lip colour on you :) Xx

    http://al-shamamakeup.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. you look beautiful but I am so jealous youre getting to wear shorts now! !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe thanks sadly we have only had a few shorts days so far!! x

      Delete
  6. You look beautiful. Such a fun lip color x

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh wow, look at those lips! i wish i can pull that off, i don't look good with that shade, hehe. but gosh it looks so perfect on you :) adorable outfit too hun! xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can relate to the whole getting home after festivals thing. Perth taxis are the worst in Australia, hands down. But hey, your makeup looked amazing ;D
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ughh I'm glad you know what I'm talking about! Thanks babe! It had truly worn off by the time we got on the train haha x

      Delete
  9. I really want Morange right now hehe :D It looks absolutely bright orange, it's crazy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heh I think the lighting helped to but it is insane, you should totally get it!! x

      Delete
  10. Sounds like it was a bit of a nightmare to get home after! It's always hard when there are mass crowds trying to exit a venue after a huge concert or festival. Public transport can be such a letdown. I love the eyeliner that you applied here, so precise and gorgeous shape. The lips are amazing too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh yeah, I think everyone feels the same way! lol. Thanks so much xx

      Delete
  11. Wow lady you are stunning! Love your hair color. I wish I could pull it off. Found you on another blog and so happy I did! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. So lovely...that orange lip looks so good on your pale skin!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read & comment! If you are a new follower please leave me your link, so I can reply & follow if I like your blog. I love finding new blogs but please don't ask to follow 4 follow. <3