Friday, March 8, 2013

Bourjois Products // Swatches // Bronzer, Blush, Healthy Mix & More

These are just some swatches, comparisons & opinions on the Bourjois products I hauled recently, shown here.
I didn't include the mascara in this post as I haven't opened it yet.
Bourjois Blusher #54 Rose Frisson

If you have tried any of the Bourjois blushers you will notice a beautiful rose scent when you open it. Out of the 3 Bourjois blushers I own, this one has the strongest smell but it doesn't bother me. This blush is highly pigmented (shown below, swatched directly from the pot) & I would describe it as a satin finish, as there is no obvious shimmer but it is not matte.

 Delice de Soleil bronzing powder


The Delice de Soleil bronzing powder is meant to give a 'delicious natural & radiant tan'. I find the pigmentation is not the best, it took a few swipes for it to show up on my bare arm. It is mainly matte but it does have a few shimmer particles. Originally I wanted the chocolate bronzer but I have not been able to find it online! So I settled for this, which will be my all over bronzer underneath Nars Laguna. The packaging is quite bulky as it includes a brush which is only good to get a really nice definition underneath the cheekbone. The best thing about the packaging is the huge mirror that swivels 180 degrees. Perfect for checking your application in different angles.
Delice De Soleil, 54 Rose Frisson
Levres Contour Lipliner #11
The Levres Contour lip liner colour I got was in number 11, a beautifully pigmented neutral shade. I love this under MLBB creamy mauves & pinks, or to outline my lips on their own for them to appear bigger. I recommend this pencil for sure!

Healthy Mix Foundation & Concealer
I've also been testing out the Healthy mix foundation & concealer own it's own and by mixing it with other products. From what I've used, I really like these products! The foundation as a similar finish & coverage to my Rimmel Wake Me Up foundation, but the shade I bought (53) was more of a yellow tone. It actually blends quite well into my skin, though so I'm starting to think I'm neutral-toned.
The concealer in shade 52 is slightly too light to cover blemishes so I've been using it as a under eye concealer with my Maybelline Age Rewind when I want more coverage. It doesn't have a highlighting effect but it is slightly apricot toned which is good for dark circles.
Here I am wearing the foundation on it's own with nothing else.

The concealer on the my right eye only. I think it has made a huge difference! I usually would have a lilac concealer first, then my foundation (which I don't aim to cover under my eyes but a little bit usually always ends up there) and then my concealer. But today it's just the foundation & concealer. I apply directly from the tube under my eye & blend with my fingers to warm it up, a wedge sponge & my Sigma f82 Round Kabuki brush.

So, that's basically the products, I am happy with them all except with the pigmentation of the bronzer. I cannot wait to try the rotating mascara!

Have you tried any Bourjois products, and what are your faves?
xx

Oh & you have probably noticed that I changed my blog, I made it look more simpler & cleaner, what do you think? Or is it too boring? I like that it doesn't look as "busy" and my header fits in to the background, haha. 

Have an amazing weekend!

36 comments:

  1. Absolutely love the look of that foundation and concealer. Your skin is lovely to begin with though. I really want to try some Bourjois products

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awe thanks, but I still need foundation for a boost which is what these give my skin. From what I have tired is nice from Bourjois. x

      Delete
  2. I love bourjois blusher! it's one of my HG :)thanks for the review :) the foundie looks so interesting :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries, I'm glad you like their blushers! x

      Delete
  3. The only product I have from Bourjois is that blush in Rose Frisson and I love it!
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so pretty, isn't it! I'm glad I picked a nice colour without having any idea of them x

      Delete
  4. the packaging for the bronzer looks swankyy! love how well the concealor worked for you :)

    www.nayabloves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure does, I love that about it, apart from the bulkiness. And it really works nicely :) x

      Delete
  5. This foundation has been on my wish list for a while, but I have so many foundations I need to use!! It looks beautiful on you, but your skin looks pretty flawless anyway. Might just take the plunge and get it next time I'm in Priceline!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only like to use one foundation at a time but that's never the case lol thank you although I do have some discolouration & scarring that the foundation helps to correct. What do you have to loose :) x

      Delete
  6. I love Bourjois products, they are such good quality! I have the Healthy Mix foundation and I absolutely love its scent and coverage- I use shade 52 :) I like how it blends in so easily and is yellow toned. I quite like the look of the bronzer as it doesn't appear too orange and it's great that it isn't shimmery- it would be perfect for contouring if only it wasn't lacking in the pigmentation department. I really want to try their blushes too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, the scent is amazing! That is totally spot on about the bronzer, great colour but the pigmentation is a problem. I find it a little bit with some of their blushes but this one has really good pigmentation. x

      Delete
  7. Many products of this brand has always caught my attention but as unfortunately not find in pharmacies and only online ytengo I buy other things on my wishlist but this year will definitely bring you to this brand that has very good products. Btw sweetie I´m following you I hope your follow me back.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that is frustrating when you can only buy something online, good luck for when you want to purchase! Thank you, will follow you back.
      x

      Delete
  8. i got panda eye, trouble =(.
    Yes, your concealer definetely answer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awe, I think it would help with that! Might need a bit more coverage if they are too dark, though. x

      Delete
  9. The concealer looks like a dupe for Make Up For Ever's Full Cover Concealer IMO! Just judging by the packaging and the pigmentation but of course I could be wrong, though we all do love a good dupe ;) I will need to check out that blush ASAP! I have yet to try one Bourjois product and I've heard only good things about their blushes! And I like your new layout. It's very clean, and I think it just works :D x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always think hmm that could be a dupe without seeing both of the products together, too lol. But that's good to know that it could be a dupe for that! Thank you darling for the feedback. x

      Delete
  10. Interesting products!

    Thanks for the comment on my blog!
    Yes of course we can follow each other!
    I am following you now, please follow back:

    www.fashionerza.com
    www.fashionerza.com
    www.fashionerza.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I wish they still sold them in the US :) I have tried the foundationd & blush and I love them

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, I forgot they had been discontinued in the US, what a shame!

      Delete
  12. Your design looks really good :) I love love love the healthy mix foundation, I am wondering now why I have never tried the concealer... I found that bronzer a bit of a dryer formula, it's not my favourite either!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the feedback hun. I have used their other pen concealer which is nice as well. Glad I'm not the only one who thinks so! x

      Delete
  13. no i havent tried any Bourjois products. i love the swatch of blush. The blush looks so pretty! I wonder how it goes on your cheek :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have used it in a couple of FOTD's like my valentines one, but I will post about it when I wear it again! x

      Delete
  14. love love love the healthy mix foundation! I'm a shade 53 too and I have a yellow undertone so it suits me really well. I love their healthy mix concealer but hates that rolling ball thing to get it out. I would had much preferred a normal squeeze it out tube.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never noticed a roller ball in the concealer! Probably because I don't need to squeeze it too hard, at the moment, though. I think the yellow undertones just work for me, but I bet it would be a perfect match for you! I had to guess my shade haha. x

      Delete
  15. I love the concealer that you've used.
    I think I must give it a try!
    ♡,
    Riza of Pour L'Instant

    ReplyDelete
  16. I generally really like Bourjois products. I haven't tried the original Healthy Mix though, only the serum version which doesn't have excellent staying power but I really like the finish (before it slides off my face :p). I agree the bronzer isn't very pigmented in that you do need a few swipes with your brush for anything to really show up, but in a way that's how I'd prefer it. I have been meaning to try that concealer for a while now, it's probably next on my to-buy list from Bourjois :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love Bourjois products - especially their brush on foundation and the 10 sleep effect foundation :)


    ofbeautyandnothingness.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ahh I really want to try the healthy mix foundation! I've heard so many good things about it. I haven't tried the Delice de Soleil bronzing powder, but I do have the other one that is in the shape of a chocolate bar and it's one of my favourites!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The chocolate bronzer was the one I wanted the most, I bet it is 100x better then the Delice de Soleil! x

      Delete
  19. The blush and bronzer are gorgeous!! I've been wanting to try the Bourjois blushes forever!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. So glad you've experience Bourjois goodness! I use both shade 52 and 53, they match me both very well, although sometimes 53 gets a bit darker after being worn for a while. All of bourjois' foundations are yellowed toned but they definitely blend out well!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love Bourjois products so much, especially blushes and bronzers :) x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Amazing great blog it is very informative keep up the good work.
    Pen box USA

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read & comment! If you are a new follower please leave me your link, so I can reply & follow if I like your blog. I love finding new blogs but please don't ask to follow 4 follow. <3