Wednesday, May 11, 2011

My Nightly Skin Care Routine

I posted this when I first started, but my nightly skin care routine has changed soo much since then. I think I have found what finally works for me! I haven't broken out in sooo long *knocks on wood* except for some monthly ones. Also I have been using the same face wash & method for a few months now so I hope it holds out!

  • I remove my eye & face makeup with Garnier Clean Detox Express Cleansing Wipes
  •  Then wet face with warm water. I like to rinse a flannel under hot water (not too hot!) & push it to my skin, so it opens up the pores.
  •  I have only just added this back in but now I massage the Dove Beauty Cream Bar in & wash it off.
  • Onto my amazing face wash- Neutrogena Oil- Free Acne Stress Control Power-Cream Wash *phew* long name haha, I massage this one in after the beauty bar for a good 2-3 mins.
  • I use Extra Virgin Olive Oil as a toner & moisturiser.. After I have dried my face I use a cotton bud to remove the rest of my eye makeup (stubborn eyeliner, mascara) & then with a cotton pad I apply a little bit of EVOO all over my face, including on my eye lids as an eye moisturiser. I can see what makeup (if any) is leftover when I do this & it makes my dry skin feel sooo good, but not if I apply too much!
  • Then I just apply a little bit of Tea Tree Oil to any pimples.


  Garnier Clean Detox Express Cleansing Wipes
 Sorry Its small but here's what it says: Smoothes & refreshes the skin, removes makeu-up & impurities. Anti-oxidant greent mint + vitamin E



 


 Dove Beauty Cream Bar

 I actually use a mini travel size one (so cute! hehe) But this soap is very moisturising- never use actual soap on your face! Only this one!



 

Neutrogena Oil- Free Acne Stress Control Power-Cream Wash
 This contains 2% salicylic acid which you know is good for nasty pimples but because this is a cream wash it is not drying at all! So it is perfect for
dry skin as well. On a side note- I love how squishy the bottle is! Hehe.





  
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
 This is not the EVOO that I use, I use just a generic store brand one, but if you are scared about putting olive on your face read here!









 Tea Tree Oil
 Tea Tree Oil is very good for any pimples, because it is anti-bacterial & doesn't irritate the skin. It can be drying if you apply too much, though! I also like to use it on bites & itches :)








Anyhoo thats just what I found has been working for me, & everyone's skin is different so you will need to find a cleanser that suits your needs. Hope this was helpful to someone!

3 comments:

  1. tea tree oil is awesome I use it for many things around the house as well, it has come in handy for baby needs :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. EVOO is great for so many things. Good tips, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing your routine.:D

    ***** Marie *****
    allthingsmarie.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read & comment! If you are a new follower please leave me your link, so I can reply & follow if I like your blog. I love finding new blogs but please don't ask to follow 4 follow. <3