Monday, September 23, 2013

Too Faced Pretty Rebel | Review & Swatches

One of my favourite buys would have to be the Too Faced Pretty Rebel palette. Just look at it and you'll know why! I was so excited when I saw Thatgirlshae on Youtube use it & then realize that I was able to access it! Woot! Unfortunately it is Limited Edition so I am unsure if it is still around but if you are able to get your hands on this palette then do so if you're into dramatic, glittery makeup. Let's get on with it!



Packaging: kfnsbhr Just omg as if the packaging is not enough to make you want this palette! I adore the gold glitter, the black ribbons, the writing, just everything. It is very sturdy & compact enough for traveling, and not as long but as wide as the Naked palettes to give you an idea of size. It comes with a decent sized mirror, too.
Texture: There are two matte & 8 shimmery shadows, & a couple with hints of glitter. They are similar to the Urban Decay Naked palette shadows, buttery smooth but not crumbly unlike how Stila shadows can be.
Pigmentation: The swatches down below do not have a base & are only two swipes so you can see just how pigmented everything is. The matte cream colour is a little bit chalky but once under a base it comes up nicely. You probably could survive without a base & have them last all day, too.
Colours: There is a great selection of more neutral, blending colours to duochrome & dramatic colours so you can create different looks, but the selection is best for those who prefer colour & drama.

The back of the box that it came in






Swatches


L-R 1st Row: Dainty, Charming, Girly, Totally Fetch, Miss Sparkles
             2nd: Ringleader, Gangsta, Instigator, Badass, Jailbird
Faves: Totally Fetch, Badass, Jailbird. Unfortunately Girly turns out more brown than green & when Miss Sparkles is patted on top of a sticky base the sparkles show up more.

Unfortunately to Australians Too Faced is harder to come by, but please share if you know of any websites. You can get this palette from Kit Cosmetics for $59.95 which isn't too bad of a price, I've found this palette on the American eBay for around $45 & it's still on the Sephora website for $46 if you are keen to use a USA address forwarding website. (I've considered it for something else but still unsure of them).
Edit: Thanks Mishelle for letting me know you can also get this off of Beautybay for $66.50 with free shipping.
What do you think of this palette? I'll definitely be doing lots of looks with this in the future!



xx

20 comments:

  1. I have been eyeing off this palette so much lately, Jailbird is such a pretty colour! It's still on stock with beautybay.com with free shipping which isn't too bad!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally forgot about Beauty bay! Thanks for the heads up, updating for sure! xx

      Delete
  2. I have been eyeing this palette lately on the Sephora website, but I just wasn't sure whether or not I should get it. The pigmentation looks phenomenal, and I too am head over heals for the packaging. Maybe I will check this out next time I'm making an order.I like Gangsta and Jailbird most, I think!

    http://bigbeautybag.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely check it out, I don't think theres a fault with this palette! xx

      Delete
  3. The shades in this palette look so pretty! If only Too Faced is stocked here in Australia.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it's a shame, but then the prices would be jacked up as well! xx

      Delete
  4. I wanted to say something earlier, but I signed up for a forwarding service before, it was a horrible experience. Do you love palettes? Hehe ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really, how so? I'm kinda not game enough, they're quite confusing. Yess of course I do but I feel like I have too many to use regularly! haha

      Delete
  5. Girly is such an interesting shade. So pretty xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. The shades are gorgeous !
    I'm buying this soon for a swap & can't wait to see what she thinks of it

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's a gorgeous palette! I wanted it when I first saw it cause it's so pretty but have been holding back cause I know I don't need it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. haha i agree with your opinion on the packaging. i gotta say good packaging is one of my weakness. unfortunately it is also hard to find this brand in my country :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too faced is also hard to find here, so I was happy it was released while I was in the states! xx

      Delete
  9. So many pretty colors! I love the packaging as well :)

    Sarah
    Eyeshadow Addicts Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't seen many reviews on this, but have been wanting to get my hands on it! thanks for sharing! I think I am so interested in it because of the packaging! its edgy and unlike many other palettes I own.
    -Mariah
    beautyandtheflaws.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem, thanks for your comment! The packaging is just to die for, if I could I would bring it around with me to whip it out in public hehe xx

      Delete
  11. I bought this palette for my friend but was soooo tempted to get it for myself. The color are SO pretty ESPECIALLY THAT GOLD AHH but I have a serious problem with collecting similar gold eyeshadows so I figured I'd hold out on it hahah!

    http://3girlsblog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Yes I will probably have to do a naked palette dupe post because I've bought so many similar colours to it haha xx

      Delete
  12. Jailbird is just freaking gorgeous! I loved your haul post by the way :) Thanks for the great review; I'm off to Sephora tomorrow for some shopping time with the girls and I'm excited to just get my hands on new things, especially Too Faced products hehe xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks doll! I'm glad you enjoyed them, and I cannot wait to see the looks you come up with this palette! Nice to see you back :) xx

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to read & comment! If you are a new follower please leave me your link, so I can reply & follow if I like your blog. I love finding new blogs but please don't ask to follow 4 follow. <3